Nothing will ever be able to erase a loss to the hated Cats in the Final Four, but I'm not going to lie, last night was not unplesant. The Louisville Cards baseball team traveled to Cliff Hagan stadium in Lexington and plastered the #1 ranked Wildcats in front of a packed house.
Biggest honors go to freshman pitcher Jared Ruxer, who shut down the powerful UK lineup, giving up just three hits in six innings to go along with six strikeouts. Offensively it was classic Dan McDonnell baseball, with production up and down the lineup, a potent combination of power and small ball.
Welcome the Cards home at Jim Patterson Friday night when they begin a series with Seton Hall. They'll play again on Saturday at 3:00, which combined with the Spring Game spillover, should make for a fun atmosphere on UofL's sports corridor.
Well done, fellas.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Apr 8 - Apr 15
- Sooo....Teddy got huge
- Terry Rozier not a "go" yet
- Bats home opener tonight
- Coiled up for the Spring Game
- Swop heads Northwest
- Keeneland and Churchill, off limits
- Keith Towbridge hops on board
- Charlie Strong presser recap, clearing the air edi...
- T-Will article
- Strong to Arkansas rumors begin
- On Bobby Petrino...
- Baseball Cards begin the healing, romp past #1 Cat...
- 5 Things to watch for in Spring Game
- Charlie Strong's media ban misguided
- UofL vs. UK - It's Not Just Basketball
- Rozier slaps the sticker
- Hood in the market for a home
- Baylor goes from OMG to FML
- UK has full blown case of the Krags
- Pack the Spring Game
- ▼ Apr 8 - Apr 15 (22)
- ► 2011 (758)
- ► 2010 (751)
- ► 2009 (614)
About the Bloggers
Mr. Red is also known as Timothy Johnstone. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
Mr. Black is also known as Christopher Cunningham. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
CliffySmalls is also known as Cliff Elliott. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.