Thunder & Lightning" running back duo. Bernard doesn't like the moniker cause it implies he's flashy and not rugged. He believes he's both)
HOMETOWN: Davie, FL
SIZE & STATS: 5'10'', 205lbs (2011: 78 carries, 548 yards, 7 yard avg, 7 TDs)
CARDINAL COUNTERPART: Vic Anderson
MR. RED'S ANALYSIS: Coming out of high school, Bernard was heralded as the second ranked running back in the state of Florida, and one of the top #15 backs in the nation. A torn ACL caused him to redshirt his freshman sesason, and he is just now getting back to full form. Bernard's listed at 5'10'' but most believe he's a even a couple inches closer to sea level. But he still packs a whallop; a short, powerful back in the Maruice Jones Drew mold.
He's making a name for himself for yards after contact; one hit or sloppy tackling won't get him to the ground. He's not blazingly fast, especially coming off knee surgery, but has more than enough pep to break off some big runs.
Somewhere in the trio of Anderson/Wright/Brown are all the parts of a better running back. But to date, we don't have anything close to the complete package that is Giovanni Bernard.
- ► 2012 (383)
Oct 2 - Oct 9
- Another Clunker in Chapel Hill: Tar Heels Beat Car...
- Game Time
- Bozich says Sanford not all the way gone
- ...and predictions
- Oh yeah, what about quarterback?
- **Breaking Again**
- Predictions predictions...
- Enemy Dossier: Giovani Bernard
- Major Cardinal Laws announcements!
- Just another day in the Commonwealth
- Bozich tells Calipari to get a life...
- Hurry up, Sanford
- Missouri exploring options, Big East exploring new...
- Enemy Dossier: Quinton Coples
- Petey Pablo says watch out
- Mister Mr. Red says...
- Calipari denies Louisville's existence, obsessed w...
- Are you ready for some nonsensical rammmblin'! It'...
- Teddy fighting his flight
- "We took a step back"
- Angry Charlie, part deux
- Depressingly true quote of the college football we...
- We are (property of) Marshall
- ▼ Oct 2 - Oct 9 (26)
- ► 2010 (751)
- ► 2009 (614)
About the Bloggers
Mr. Red is also known as Timothy Johnstone. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
Mr. Black is also known as Christopher Cunningham. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
CliffySmalls is also known as Cliff Elliott. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.