* ESPN's Andy Katz said last night, quoting a source, that Louisville is interested in remaining in the Big East. Having come from a basketball reporter, this only adds to the perception that Rick Pitino is pulling whatever strings he can in favor of the Big East. I have no idea if that is the case, but that's the perception. If the Big 12 falls through, Rick Pitino is going to have to disappear until basketball season when he has the chance to win games and redeem himself. He'll be the most unpopular person around town, followed quickly by Mr. Red.
It was only a mission statement. Watch the Bartman documentary, dammit! Scapegoating. Ain't. Cool.
* The once-Cardinal-to-be Rodney Purvis will make his college announcement this afternoon. Louisville is still on his "list" but since the Cards deny that they are still recruiting him, I wouldn't hold your breath. But UConn is a possibility for him, so we may not have heard the last from young Rodney. Great talent, weird kid though.
* St. X-Trinity tonight at Papa Johns. With the Tigers likely to get a swift shillelagh upside the head, it may not be as exciting as games past, but still worth the price of admission if only to watch the Shamrock's James Quick, their monster o-line and slew of other future D-1 players on the field. Charlie and Joker are gonna have fierce tussles for some of that talent.
* Follow Cardinal Laws on twitter by clicking the little thingy above where the page used to begin before we sold out.
* I couldn't get over reading the article in the CJ today that listed all the position changes Charlie Strong has had to shuffle on the roster. Going through the list you will see some major contributors and some major changes. It's a real testament to the vision and teaching-skills of the entire coaching staff as well as to the character of the players themselves.
- ► 2012 (383)
Sep 25 - Oct 2
- Strong postgame
- CJ video of Bridgewater touchdown
- Charlie's still in the locker room
- Louisville blows lead when Teddy throws two late I...
- Trace Adkins trivia
- ...and predictions
- More Marshall connections; Strong and Holliday
- Predictions, predictions...
- Forecast: Sunny, brisk, 100% chance of drunkenness...
- Friday happenings
- Bridgewater might be go for first start
- KSR just getting dumb
- Navy/Air Force > Syracuse/Pitt
- Follow CL on twitter
- The Rakeem Cato, T.Y. Hilton connection
- Cardinal quirks on display on Saturday
- Writing off the Big East
- Easssy, Rick
- Enemy Dossier: Omar Brown
- The Onion nails it...
- "It just felt right to me."
- Steve Bartman and Whistle Guy
- Enemy Dossier: Rakeem Cato
- Marshall rushing attack; The Thundering Turd
- Rick Pitino on Big East; right idea, wrong teams
- Thoughts on the weekend, Strong presser, Big 12, t...
- When you talk about Charlie Strong, you talk about...
- ▼ Sep 25 - Oct 2 (28)
- ► 2010 (751)
- ► 2009 (614)
About the Bloggers
Mr. Red is also known as Timothy Johnstone. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
Mr. Black is also known as Christopher Cunningham. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
CliffySmalls is also known as Cliff Elliott. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.