Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Enemy Dossier: Rakeem Cato
HOMETOWN: Miami Springs, FL
SIZE & STATS: 6'1'', 170lbs, 5 TDs, 7 INTs, 66.6% comp percentage
CARDINAL COUNTERPART: Teddy Bridgewater
POSITION ADVANTAGE: Louisville
MR. RED'S TAKE: An interesting matchup will take place on Saturday if Will Stein isn't able to go. If Teddy takes the snaps, we'll see two true freshman quarterbacks, both from Miami, and both two of the top dual-threat prospects in that recruiting class.
Cato is a talented prospect being asked to do a whole lot, real early. As noted below, Marshall has no running game to speak of, and the true freshman is being asked to throw the ball early and very often. His best performance of the year was against Southern Miss, when Cato rallied his team from a 17-3 deficit with 3 straight touchdown drives and their only win this season.
His worst performance was against Ohio when he threw 4 picks in a 44-7 rout. Rakeem Cato is going through baptism by fire at the moment, so it's tough to tell how good this kid can be once he gets some help and some more experience. He'll have a breakout game against someone, but it doesn't appear to be this week.
Touching story on Cato in the Miami Herald here, and how he has coped and eventually drew inspiration from the death of his mother, who suddenly passed away from pneumonia when he was 13.
Posted by Mr. Red
- ► 2012 (383)
Sep 25 - Oct 2
- Strong postgame
- CJ video of Bridgewater touchdown
- Charlie's still in the locker room
- Louisville blows lead when Teddy throws two late I...
- Trace Adkins trivia
- ...and predictions
- More Marshall connections; Strong and Holliday
- Predictions, predictions...
- Forecast: Sunny, brisk, 100% chance of drunkenness...
- Friday happenings
- Bridgewater might be go for first start
- KSR just getting dumb
- Navy/Air Force > Syracuse/Pitt
- Follow CL on twitter
- The Rakeem Cato, T.Y. Hilton connection
- Cardinal quirks on display on Saturday
- Writing off the Big East
- Easssy, Rick
- Enemy Dossier: Omar Brown
- The Onion nails it...
- "It just felt right to me."
- Steve Bartman and Whistle Guy
- Enemy Dossier: Rakeem Cato
- Marshall rushing attack; The Thundering Turd
- Rick Pitino on Big East; right idea, wrong teams
- Thoughts on the weekend, Strong presser, Big 12, t...
- When you talk about Charlie Strong, you talk about...
- ▼ Sep 25 - Oct 2 (28)
- ► 2010 (751)
- ► 2009 (614)
About the Bloggers
Mr. Red is also known as Timothy Johnstone. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
Mr. Black is also known as Christopher Cunningham. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
CliffySmalls is also known as Cliff Elliott. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.