Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Enemy Dossier: Omar Brown
HOMETOWN: Monck's Corner, SC
SIZE & STATS: 5'11'', 194 lbs (2011: 46 tackles, 2 forced fumbles)
CARDINAL COUNTERPART: Hakeem Smith
POSITION ADVANTAGE: Push
MR. RED'S TAKE: When evaluating the Marshall defense, you begin and end with Omar Brown. The senior safety and defensive captain has been the constant for the up and down unit; he recorded 18 tackles against Virginia Tech, forced a fumble, and nearly created another in the 3rd quarter that could have kept Marshall in the game.
He's been rock solid his whole career, but especially this season. He had a 14 tackle game just before Va. Tech, and of the 35 tackles from the two contests, 17 have been solo. Brown is also relentless at trying to rip the ball away while making a tackle, which should be worrisome especially to Jeremy Wright, who has a bad case of fumble-itis and seems to lose focus at the end of runs. Do that this week, and Brown will have the ball in a blink.
His coach said this about Brown's play this season: "Every week, you know what you are going to get out of Omar Brown. We need about 10 more Omar Browns and we'll be fine."
So expect to hear his name a lot on Saturday. Which is OK. Let him get his tackles, just make sure we still have the ball afterwards and that he's making his plays 10 yards downfield instead of the line of scrimmage.
Posted by Mr. Red
- ► 2012 (383)
Sep 25 - Oct 2
- Strong postgame
- CJ video of Bridgewater touchdown
- Charlie's still in the locker room
- Louisville blows lead when Teddy throws two late I...
- Trace Adkins trivia
- ...and predictions
- More Marshall connections; Strong and Holliday
- Predictions, predictions...
- Forecast: Sunny, brisk, 100% chance of drunkenness...
- Friday happenings
- Bridgewater might be go for first start
- KSR just getting dumb
- Navy/Air Force > Syracuse/Pitt
- Follow CL on twitter
- The Rakeem Cato, T.Y. Hilton connection
- Cardinal quirks on display on Saturday
- Writing off the Big East
- Easssy, Rick
- Enemy Dossier: Omar Brown
- The Onion nails it...
- "It just felt right to me."
- Steve Bartman and Whistle Guy
- Enemy Dossier: Rakeem Cato
- Marshall rushing attack; The Thundering Turd
- Rick Pitino on Big East; right idea, wrong teams
- Thoughts on the weekend, Strong presser, Big 12, t...
- When you talk about Charlie Strong, you talk about...
- ▼ Sep 25 - Oct 2 (28)
- ► 2010 (751)
- ► 2009 (614)
About the Bloggers
Mr. Red is also known as Timothy Johnstone. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
Mr. Black is also known as Christopher Cunningham. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
CliffySmalls is also known as Cliff Elliott. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.