Charlie Strong tweeted us fans a hearty pat on the back yesterday; at day's end there were less than 100 tickets available for the Marshall game, meaning that by kickoff it will certainly be a sellout. Against a 1-3 team from C-USA, that's pretty bitchin' and a much-needed indicator to Strong & Co. that the passion for Louisville football is real and will begin to roar even louder each step we take back to glory.
But on the same day, Greg Scruggs tweeted that the Card March tradition will likely go the way of the dodo because of low fan turnout. So if you want to save the March, better be at the tunnel early this Saturday. I confess the Card March has never been a part of my tailgaiting rituals, so it wouldn't break my heart if it goes, especially if Charlie Strong feels that pre-game time could be better spent. If we need a new tradition, how about the team doing a victory lap and slapping hands with the fans after wins? Sounds like a good tradition to me.
The ebb and flow between the packed-house passion from Louisville fans and the "nah, I'm not gonna do that" definance to Card March tradition is one of the unique and quirky, yes, pleasures that comes from Louisville football.
Also, keep in mind that the UofL soccer team will be hosting top-ranked UConn right across the street Saturday night. Your football ticket stub gets you in for free. Should be an electric atmosphere.
Cards March may not make it, but don't think Charlie Strong is giving up his Don Quixote-like quest to get Louisville fans in their seats by kickoff. He just tweeted that country music star Trace Adkins will be singing the national anthem on Saturday. Trace Adkins! If Trace has about 500 coolers packed with cheap beer with him, then maybe he'll have a chance of performing to a full house.
- ► 2012 (383)
Sep 25 - Oct 2
- Strong postgame
- CJ video of Bridgewater touchdown
- Charlie's still in the locker room
- Louisville blows lead when Teddy throws two late I...
- Trace Adkins trivia
- ...and predictions
- More Marshall connections; Strong and Holliday
- Predictions, predictions...
- Forecast: Sunny, brisk, 100% chance of drunkenness...
- Friday happenings
- Bridgewater might be go for first start
- KSR just getting dumb
- Navy/Air Force > Syracuse/Pitt
- Follow CL on twitter
- The Rakeem Cato, T.Y. Hilton connection
- Cardinal quirks on display on Saturday
- Writing off the Big East
- Easssy, Rick
- Enemy Dossier: Omar Brown
- The Onion nails it...
- "It just felt right to me."
- Steve Bartman and Whistle Guy
- Enemy Dossier: Rakeem Cato
- Marshall rushing attack; The Thundering Turd
- Rick Pitino on Big East; right idea, wrong teams
- Thoughts on the weekend, Strong presser, Big 12, t...
- When you talk about Charlie Strong, you talk about...
- ▼ Sep 25 - Oct 2 (28)
- ► 2010 (751)
- ► 2009 (614)
About the Bloggers
Mr. Red is also known as Timothy Johnstone. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
Mr. Black is also known as Christopher Cunningham. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
CliffySmalls is also known as Cliff Elliott. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.