Tomorrow's game at Seton Hall has been dubbed a "Cage the Cardinals" night for the Pirates, with free t-shirts bearing the slogan handed out to the first 1,000 fans. Unfortunately appropriate for a Louisville basketball team unable to breakout with a complete game or signature win.
The zeitgeist of this team is one of concern as a once promising season hangs in the balance. There are certainly legitimate worries. Jerry Smith's pulse keeps growing fainter, Rick Pitino seems unable to find a lineup with the right chemistry, and our defense breaks down at inopportune moments.
The most encouraging fact, however, is also the most frustrating. This team keeps beating itself. If the Cards would stop melting down we could be focusing on the many solid efforts on display. Samardo is starting to click, forcing double teams, making his shots, and well on his way to reaching his highly-vaunted potential. Preston Knowles has shaken off lingering injuries and found his range. We've played the 5th toughest schedule in the nation, and consequently, maintain a respectable RPI despite six losses. There are opportunities ahead for the Cards to prove their mettle. Know hope.
- ► 2012 (383)
- ► 2011 (758)
Jan 17 - Jan 24
- Pitino and the Future
- The Troubles
- "We're a very weak defensive team"
- Avast ye pitiful Cards!
- The big African-American elephant in the room
- Pirate Talk
- Why do these guys keep posting season highs agains...
- I know why the caged bird sings
- Goddammit I don't want another estimate! I want th...
- Do not fear for The Kure (copyright Mr. Red)
- How about "The Trelawny Tank"?
- I'm thinking of asking Jay Wright to join my motiv...
- Quote of the Day
- Florida North
- Louisville-Pitt highlights
- I'm your biggest fan I'll follow you until you lov...
- Let me count the ways...
- ▼ Jan 17 - Jan 24 (19)
- ► 2009 (614)
About the Bloggers
Mr. Red is also known as Timothy Johnstone. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
Mr. Black is also known as Christopher Cunningham. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
CliffySmalls is also known as Cliff Elliott. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.