Boy, Tom Jurich thought he had it tough. According to Hattiesburg American columnist Patrick Magee, the mood of the Southern Miss fan base borders somewhere between panic and hysteria after the Golden Eagles have started their season 3-2 but lost unexpectedly to UAB. Now, I know comparing the two is a non-starter given the difference in conference and strength-of-schedule. (Then again, are their schedules all that different? Southern Miss has played the most difficult opponent in Kansas, and the Eagles almost won that game!)
But I digress... my point is, if Louisville's record was 3-2, the faithful might not be dancing in the streets (unless one of the wins was over Kentucky), but suffice it to say we would be pretty upbeat right now. I guess I never realized that Southern Miss fans were so demanding. Steve Kragthorpe should consider himself lucky. Okay, maybe "lucky" is strong...
On an unrelated point, does anyone else notice a slight resemblance between web sites of the Hattiesburg American and the Courier Journal? It's probably just me.
- ► 2012 (383)
- ► 2011 (758)
- ► 2010 (751)
Oct 4 - Oct 11
- Go Cards!!!
- Last Minute Links
- ...and predictions
- Some goosebumps to go with your coffee...
- Southern Miss player shot, in critical condition
- Predictions, predictions...
- Denny helps Michigan condition and bond...
- Victor + carries = "you play this game to win"
- Big East basketball will take a hit this year
- Let's tip it off!
- Dissecting a rumor
- Kenny Klein steps in
- Whither Martevious?
- Rumor disputed by Louisville athletic department
- Beast of a Weekend
- Primarily a Secondary Problem
- Ric on the Mic
- Misery + Company
- The revolution will be Twittered
- Fish in the Sea
- Getting close to Stephan Robinson
- Opponent at a glance
- If you can't fight fire with fire...
- "Louisville at a crossroads"
- It's a funny world
- Never tell me the odds!
- Spoils of the Southern Miss Faithful
- Quite a Guy
- You're my boy, Red!
- More from the blogs post-Pitt
- Let Justice be done
- Looking forward (not backward) with Billy Reed
- Lord what a fool this Kragthorpe be...
- A Dark Horse Candidate
- Let's talk fashion
- Man of the Hour
- Old Steve needs some new adventures
- Hands off our oranges, ESPN!
- Calling Mariah Carey
- Trick or Treat?
- Losing is the Pitts
- Pitt highlights
- That is one big pile of shit.
- ▼ Oct 4 - Oct 11 (45)
About the Bloggers
Mr. Red is also known as Timothy Johnstone. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
Mr. Black is also known as Christopher Cunningham. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.
CliffySmalls is also known as Cliff Elliott. He is a graduate of the University of Louisville.